The City of Enderby is seeking a qualified, enthusiastic Accounting Clerk I to join its team.
The nature of the position is:
Operating with indirect supervision and some independence, the Accounting Clerk I is responsible for ensuring that the financial and accounting records of the City are accurately maintained in accordance with the City’s policies, procedures, bylaws and accounting standards.
The successful candidate will have completed Grade 12 or equivalent, have 2 years of related coursework, and 2 years of experience in an accounting or finance field. Municipal finance experience is preferred but not required. The successful candidate should have:
- Knowledge of basic clerical accounting and bookkeeping procedures and protocols.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines with quality performance.
- Ability to maintain meticulous attention to detail and perform arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Considerable knowledge of computer programs and systems. Knowledge of Vadim preferred.
- Ability to work independently and with others in an office environment.
- Ability to enter computer data with speed and accuracy and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to respond to enquiries from coworkers, elected officials and the general public in a professional, friendly and helpful manner with courtesy, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Please refer to below attached job description for complete details.
The wage rate starts at $25.00 per hour, with opportunities for growth commensurate with training and experience. There is a competitive benefits package.
This posting closes at 4:30pm on December 1, 2017. Interested applicants should include a complete resume and covering letter. All applications should be submitted as follows:
City of Enderby
P.O. Box 400, 619 Cliff Avenue, Enderby, BC V0E 1V0
Attn. Accounting Clerk Posting
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those who are short-listed will be contacted.